- DUKE OF VENICE.
- BRABANTIO, a Senator. Other Senators.
- GRATIANO, Brother to Brabantio.
- LODOVICO, Kinsman to Brabantio.
- OTHELLO, a noble Moor; in the service of the Venetian State.
- CASSIO, his Lieutenant.
- IAGO, his Ancient.
- RODERIGO, a Venetian Gentleman.
- MONTANO, Othellos predecessor in the Government of Cyprus.
- Clown, Servant to Othello.
- DESDEMONA, Daughter to Brabantio, and Wife to Othello.
- EMILIA, Wife to Iago.
- BIANCA, Mistress to Cassio.
Sailor, Officers, Gentlemen, Messengers, Musicians, Heralds, Attendants.
SCENE.For the first Act, in Venice; during the rest of the Play, at a Sea-Port in Cyprus.